Kids '11
So today was Flora's due date. And low and behold she had kids today! How punctual of her. She didn't seem like she was about to birth but when I went to give them their weeds this afternoon she did not come running as usual. She was kind of laying down actually. I tried to get her up. She sat back down again. She was straining so I thought she was constipated. I gave her two TBS of milk of magnesia. Then I thought, hmmm maybe she is going to give birth. I called the breeder. She said from what I described, the straining, sitting and lip curling, she was going to give birth.
So I went back out and she was laying down and sure enough about to give birth. I had thought that all animals gave birth like cats, far away look and out they plop. But Flora gave birth more like I did, with yelling and grunting, and a look not unlike fear. It didn't look easy or peaceful but it was fast. I must say I was kind of panicked when I saw the little goat kid mouth trapped in the amniotic sac. Was it alive? But out they both came. Two little boys all intact and working. One is big and one is small.
Oh and neither of the bucks have white bottoms. Even the one that looks white is actually called a buckskin and underneath the white hair is dark pigmented skin so yay!


So I went back out and she was laying down and sure enough about to give birth. I had thought that all animals gave birth like cats, far away look and out they plop. But Flora gave birth more like I did, with yelling and grunting, and a look not unlike fear. It didn't look easy or peaceful but it was fast. I must say I was kind of panicked when I saw the little goat kid mouth trapped in the amniotic sac. Was it alive? But out they both came. Two little boys all intact and working. One is big and one is small.
Oh and neither of the bucks have white bottoms. Even the one that looks white is actually called a buckskin and underneath the white hair is dark pigmented skin so yay!




Comments
Post a Comment