All Hallows Eve Approaches



Or Halloween. Happy end of the warm days. We are definitely celebrating that here. I worked outside this morning. It is clear with a cold blustery wind but nice. I transplanted all the California native plants that I had living in the courtyard. Ceanothus, Rhamnus, and Atriplex all californicus. I hope they live. Right now they are getting blasted in their new home by the wind. But they don't like to be in pots very long either. The ceanothus has threated death several times but reconsidered at the last moment. My daughter and a friend both brought me the huge seeds of California Buckeye so we shall try and germinate them as well. I did finally transplant my St. John's Wort and Agrimony. They had been living entangled for so long that it was traumatic to separate them. I am considering where to plant my very happy Vitex shrub. It flowered for the first time. Very pretty lavendar flowers. And I am trying to decided where to plant the White Sage that has been living in a pot for five years. And then there is the huge lemon tree.....

This week I saw a red-tailed hawk several times, a magpie, an egret, and two praying mantids, one dead, one alive. It has gotten quite a bit colder at night. My daughter is going to be Jasmine for Halloween, my son is going to be a Bee and my husband is going to be Confucius. Don't know if I am going to make it through Endgame. Not even 1/3 through and its a chore. Not only for the reasons I mentioned last post, but because he could have used a better editor. I don't often abandon books. Ah well.

Slept funny last night and I have a crick in my neck. Crick? I rubbed St. John's Wort oil blended with Chinese White Flower (Bai Hua) on it and it made some difference. Getting old.

Comments

Popular Posts