Sept. time
Finally we are getting some nicer weather. The Clover Fire is done. It even made the national news. We had an injury in the new chicken flock. Not sure what happened but one chicken had been severely pecked on the head when I went in Thurs. So much so that her bone was exposed. I could not get to her since she hid in the coop. Our coop design is good in all aspects except we didn't think of climbing in there to retrieve a dead bird or an injured bird. And these Reds are not tame. She would not let me touch her willingly. She seems to be healing and no new wounds. I am assuming she challenged and then got trapped somewhere. Her chances are 60% I'd guess although Priscilla survived and I gave her about a 20% chance of survival. But other than that the flocks are doing well. Speckle and Priscilla both have all there feathers back again and they look better than they have in a year at least.
I am reading two interesting books: Medical Herbalism by David Hoffmann (I have been wanting to read this tome for several years.)
and 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back by Esther Gokhale.
I have never had the best back even as a teen. Now when I bend in the wrong way in the early morning my back will sometimes spasm. I have never been laid out by it but I wanted to see if there was some way to nip this in the bud before I get much older. I am trying a bunch of her techniques. They are hard since I have lousy posture but I am trying.
There are two Say's Phoebes who have returned already. Its quite early for them. I was thinking it must be from the family that was here last spring. My husband got some hunting binoculars and they are AWESOME for bird watching. So much better than the ones I was using.
I am reading two interesting books: Medical Herbalism by David Hoffmann (I have been wanting to read this tome for several years.)
and 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back by Esther Gokhale.
I have never had the best back even as a teen. Now when I bend in the wrong way in the early morning my back will sometimes spasm. I have never been laid out by it but I wanted to see if there was some way to nip this in the bud before I get much older. I am trying a bunch of her techniques. They are hard since I have lousy posture but I am trying.
There are two Say's Phoebes who have returned already. Its quite early for them. I was thinking it must be from the family that was here last spring. My husband got some hunting binoculars and they are AWESOME for bird watching. So much better than the ones I was using.







Comments
Post a Comment