Transition Town
The idea of Transition Towns started in England by Rob Hopkins. It's a blue print for getting the small towns of the UK (and the world) to become more resilient and locally based. He wrote a book by the same name and now there is a short 5o minute movie available for viewing here:
http://vimeo.com/8029815
I thought it was really good.
I planted all the remaining acorns we had into the ground. I pray some of them survive. I have not had good germination rates just putting acorns in the ground. Or rather the germination rates were ok but the survival rate was abysmal. We have too many rodents that like to eat small saplings. But I can't give up either. So today I spent an hour stooped over planting little acorns with much hope. We have gotten more delicious rain and now have water in our pond. It is not full by any means but there is some. Small water snails are starting to come out of the ground. Oh! that reminds me. I have to get my California Native Flower mix out of the freezer and spread it around. :)
http://vimeo.com/8029815
I thought it was really good.
I planted all the remaining acorns we had into the ground. I pray some of them survive. I have not had good germination rates just putting acorns in the ground. Or rather the germination rates were ok but the survival rate was abysmal. We have too many rodents that like to eat small saplings. But I can't give up either. So today I spent an hour stooped over planting little acorns with much hope. We have gotten more delicious rain and now have water in our pond. It is not full by any means but there is some. Small water snails are starting to come out of the ground. Oh! that reminds me. I have to get my California Native Flower mix out of the freezer and spread it around. :)


Comments
Post a Comment