Soon to be Fall
About this time of year I start wishing our area had more traditionally Fall weather- sunshine with a cold edge to it, the turning of the leaves. Today is 99. But there is some hope that in a few days it will cool down. It is getting cooler at night which is nice.
Our chickens have officially started laying. We are getting 7-9 eggs a day now. Very cool. The moon was full last 2 days and I heard and saw the shadows of many animals across our land. I think last night was a coyote.
I cut the Jerusalem Artichoke down earlier than usual. Fed it to the goats. They love that stuff. Chickens don't mind it either.
September is the time for the Great Goldenrod blooming. Bees adore these late bloomers and we have a ton of them right now gathering for the coming winter. This golden rod stand is quite large now. I started it from seed and it has really taken off and take over different areas of the south herb garden. It moves mostly by underground runners.
Even though we still have days of heat ahead of us, you can feel a shift in the air. And the light takes on an amber glow. The days grow shorter and the sun is slower to rise.










Comments
Post a Comment