Wow, Is it Hot Enough?
We are going through a heat wave here. 110 yesterday. I am happy to report the Rhode Island Reds seem to be doing really well with the heat. As long as they have water and shade, they are not as listless and holding their wings out as much as the Barred Rocks or Australops I had in the past.
I have also noticed a huge population of praying mantid and more spiders than in previous years. And yes I spoke a little too soon about the grasshoppers. :( We do have them but not in invasion numbers. And they were late this year so they missed the peaches. Golden plums are the only fruit right now. It has been so hot I have not seen as many bees.
Work on the greenhouse continues. Alfred has part of the walls up and laid the weed block and some gravel down for the floor. Hooray!
Here are some pics:






Comments
Post a Comment