April 27, 2014

Great news for plant lovers in Tehama County!!! There is a new nursery that popped up in Red Bluff called Sousa Dynasty Herbs. It's located on 20592 Stewart Road off of Paskenta. The owner Michele Sousa is very knowledgable and passionate about plants. They offer both veggie starts for just $1 and herbs for $5 both of which are organic! She has a wide variety of herbs which was awesome. I picked up two cucumbers and four herbs, a mugwort, an echinacea, a mystery monarda, and an anise hyssop. Also I learned the reason my beautiful feverfew (which I posted a pic of last year) died was I cut it back too much. And regular hyssop needs more frequent watering than I was giving it. I will definitely go back. :)
So the Russian Olives have been flowering these past weeks and oh boy! is the air sweet like honey. It's quite heady. The bees love it. Speaking of bees, those bees over the hill are still here and loving all the flowers in bloom right now: sweet broom, bottlebrush, willow, calendula, vetch (oh, the vetch is taking over the swale!) rockrose, mexican primrose and wild clover. We have gotten our first batch of mulberry spread made and put in the fridge. The outdoor room is coming along with Alfred finishing the smaller section yesterday. Lots of grapes are coming and maybe even a pomegranate or two! Also looks like we may get a taste of the fruit of the golden plum tree in the chicken pen and maybe some apples.













Comments

  1. I think I accidentally turned the comments off. They are on again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts