Nov. 2013

So Halloween came and went. The pumpkin pie was a hit. I went to get more small baking pumpkins but the stores don't sell them anymore. Only for Halloween I guess although they are in season still. The Beef Stew was liked more by me and Kai compared to last year. I used the crock pot and cooked it all day. As is our tradition, Una got a little sick after eating all the candy but nothing too bad. Kind of just a nagging cough now. Lots of people have it.

I wanted to mention that the posture book I read has really made a difference in my low back issues. 8-Steps to a Pain-free Back by Gokhale. I think the most important thing I learned was many yoga postures can stress your back especially if you are flexible but not strong. So I don't do many of the poses I have been doing for 15 years. It feels weird not to do them. And I am much more aware of how I sit and flex. Let me just say tucking your pelvis is the root of many evils for the back. Even when you think you are stretching it by twisting and tucking, you are actually weakening it further. Just my experience. My back is WAY stronger now.

We have not gotten our rains yet and I am feeling antsy as usual. But actually I'm kind of just letting it go this year. I am sick of feeling worried all winter, are we going to get rain? did we get enough rain? will the rain ever come? are we going to get a big storm to fill the pond? Maybe I am just wising up. Ain't no business of mine whether we get rain or not. I just live here. I don't do that part. Planting and tending, that is my thing. That is something I can participate in.

















Comments

Popular Posts