Fall Oct. 2013
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss
Good thing to remember when we suffer losses big and small. :)
Pic of the herbs I referenced in the last post except I forgot to mention I use Goldenrod too.
I have been planting in the chicken pen. Many evergreens that won't easily go anywhere else. Magnolia, Loquat and Casuarina. Magnolia and Loquat are used in TCM. Also planted out some Valley Oaks, Maple and Poplar. The last two will struggle but I felt compelled to try since they showed up. I had to spend a lot of time this afternoon hacking at a gigantic yellow star thistle that I let get WAY too big. This happens to me a lot not because I am lazy, although I am, but because the bees love star thistle and I love bees. So I let plants go when I should take them out. Another example is the mustard in the garden. It's flowering which means it should come out. But it's swarming with bees. Bees love mustard. And hence my dilemma. Speaking of bees, they are so busy right now all over the land. Go outside and the place is absolutely humming. Calendula, mustard (garden and wild black), star thistle, pineapple sage, lions tail, rosemary and wild heliotrope are all flowering right now. Getting ready for winter I suppose. And I do hope it rains this year. Last year was such a disappointment with all its sunshine. But then again we didn't have grasshoppers this year because of the lack of rain....hmmm. Good things decisions like what kind of weather we have and bug populations are not up to me! ha ha ha.
Good thing to remember when we suffer losses big and small. :)
Pic of the herbs I referenced in the last post except I forgot to mention I use Goldenrod too.
I have been planting in the chicken pen. Many evergreens that won't easily go anywhere else. Magnolia, Loquat and Casuarina. Magnolia and Loquat are used in TCM. Also planted out some Valley Oaks, Maple and Poplar. The last two will struggle but I felt compelled to try since they showed up. I had to spend a lot of time this afternoon hacking at a gigantic yellow star thistle that I let get WAY too big. This happens to me a lot not because I am lazy, although I am, but because the bees love star thistle and I love bees. So I let plants go when I should take them out. Another example is the mustard in the garden. It's flowering which means it should come out. But it's swarming with bees. Bees love mustard. And hence my dilemma. Speaking of bees, they are so busy right now all over the land. Go outside and the place is absolutely humming. Calendula, mustard (garden and wild black), star thistle, pineapple sage, lions tail, rosemary and wild heliotrope are all flowering right now. Getting ready for winter I suppose. And I do hope it rains this year. Last year was such a disappointment with all its sunshine. But then again we didn't have grasshoppers this year because of the lack of rain....hmmm. Good things decisions like what kind of weather we have and bug populations are not up to me! ha ha ha.








Comments
Post a Comment