Invasive plants

It should come as no surprise that  when I saw the book Invasive Plant Medicine by Timothy Lee Scott I made a little happy shriek and bought it for full price.  I felt that it was surely a sign for me to read it.  The book is a very good overview of how invasive plants help and heal the environment rather than degrade it as they are often accused of.  And he has a whole section on many invasive plants which are incredible healers of people too.

The highlights for me and my local were:

Star thistle
Tree of Heaven
Russian Olive
Mugwort
Mulberry
Wild Mustard
Bindweed
English Ivy

Next on my reading list, Stephen Harrod Buhner.  Happy weed wild-crafting.  Remember, if you collect a plant carefully id it first, don't take from polluted areas and leave some for future plant generations!




Comments

  1. Buhner is an absolute rockstar in my book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading Lost Language of Plants, very good thus far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts