Setting Moon


We have had some lower snow levels in the mountains west of us. I got up early one morning and caught a great shot of the moon setting. My camera isn't great and usually I shoot the moon in vain but this time I captured a little of its splendor.
Also yesterday I got some pictures of the awesome arbor by Alfred. Today he is working on the ends that weren't finished in these shots. We have a nice day today and then the forecast is for more rain, which is greatly needed. We really really don't want to start the irrigation system in April. And that is no April Fool's.




Recently we planted two Elephant's Heart Plums (gifts from Alfred's neighbor) and a Chinese Tallow (Sapium). Unless we get some good rain these may be the last large things we plant this season. We still need to bang the new fence posts in and everyday we wait and get no rain, that job gets harder. One of my problems is that just now the acorns I put into pots in the fall are sprouting. I suppose I will pot them up as best I can and keep them until next fall. I can't see they will survive this late in the season with such hard soil to contend with. I got several Cork Oak acorns to germinate from outside the Thrifty Bargain in Chico, Oaks from my sister's school in Magalia, Oaks from my Dad's house in Dairyville, and some Blue Oaks from our land. Oaks are the backbone of zone 4 and 5. And they are slow growers so if I want to see them taller than me, I better get planting! ;)
We did plant several Valley Oaks and Pecans that Alfred potted up from his house and brought over two weeks ago. But they are struggling with the dry wind after we planted them. We will see which survive.


Comments
Post a Comment